We’re a community of like-minded, silly, positive folks. We hire only the best and look for highly qualified and skilled staff members.
Available Staff Positions
+ Specialty Counselor
- Must be at least 18 years old by the start of staff training.
- Will teach their specialty for the entire summer unless otherwise assigned. They may have more than one assigned speciality.
- In addition to their specialty they will also be assigned electives to teach on a daily basis. Electives placement is not based on specialty.
- In addition to the specialty they will also co-lead a camper cabin with 10 campers.
- Be ready and excited to work with ages 7-17.
- Commit to a full season.
+ Nurse/Health Services (RN/LPN/NP)
- Distribute and Document all medications.
- Address all camper and staff member healthcare needs.
- Transport campers and staff to urgent care and other needed facilities as required.
- Must have a valid license to practice within the state of Maine.
- Communicate with parents in regard to any and all medical needs prior to and during a campers stay.
+ Head Chef
- Must be 21+
- Oversee the running of our busy kitchen (preparing 3 meals and snacks a day for 100 people)
- Manage a team of cooks
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and service areas
- Cook to a given budget / menu plan
- Training and assessment of cooks
+ Assistant Chef
- Must be 18+
- Cook breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snack
- Must have professional cooking experience and enjoy working very closely with others.
- Must be 21+
- Responsible for daily desserts and baked goods (everything from sandwich bread to pizza dough, baguettes, and more).
- Responsible for inventory of baking ingredients.
- Must have professional baking experience and enjoy working very closely with others.
- Responsible for all grounds-keeping, janitorial, and housekeeping needs.
- Work 70% outdoors, 30% indoors.
- Physical work.
- Must be able to work in hot climate, outside for up to 8 hours per day, lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and enjoy keeping our campus tidy.
+ Program Director
- Must be 25+
- Implements program schedule and creates counselors and staff schedules.
- Oversee the proper implementation of the curriculum of all specialty areas.
- Responsible for feedback to and development of staff under your supervision.
- Reports directly to Director.
+ Head Counselor
- Must be 25+
- Oversee and support 3-4 cabin groups.
- Complete daily check-ins with all campers and counselors under your supervision.
- The first level of support for in-cabin counselors.
- Collect contraband.
- Parent liaisons, regularly communicate with parents before and during their camper’s stay with us.
- Lead disciplinarian.
- Dining hall logistics.
- Responsible for all evaluations for counselors in their village.
+ Camp Office Staff
- Answer phones and radio calls.
- Fill and distribute supply orders.
- Sort mail.
- Assist Director with special projects.
- Take photos for camp media.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and enjoy being part of the hub of camp.
+ Media Staff (Photography/Videography/Blogging/Social Media)
- Document Camp life daily through photography and blog writing.
- Take photos of campers doing activities, write about the day with an emphasis on educating readers about West End House Girls Camp values and traditions, and post online.
- Support drafting posts for WEHGC’s social media.
- Must be an excellent writer, detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Digital photography and photo editing experience required.
- Additional office support as needed. Must love working with kids and living in a camp environment.